should the confederate flag and symbols be banned?

Germany bans all swastika and other Nazi symbols.

So I can't see why we can't do the same here in america.

Favorite Answer

No the confederate flag and symbols should not be banned.

The USA has never been a country that hides from the truth.

Better to see confederate flags and symbols to remind us of the bad things we wish not to repeat.

I once watched a TV talk show where a liberal woman made an impassioned speech advocating repealing or weakening the first amendment in order to allow for the outlawing of hate speech. I was appalled. Not that I am in favor of hate speech. But everybody should have the right of free expression, even if you don't agree with that expression.

• This nonsense brought to us by the party that defends burning the U.S. flag, claiming it's free speech.

No

• Bill

Most people see it a symbol of heritage, not a symbol of racism. Really, you libs have to give up this fight as it is quite clear that the public is never going to agree with you.

I don't see how hanging a black man just for looking at a white girl, or for trying to learn to read, is somehow much better than killing Jews just because they are Jews. This was in response to the guy that said they could not be compared. They are both evil.

Nope!

If such a ban is needed, it must be done through popular vote of people living in formerly confederate states. If all people living there agrees with it, it is fine with me.

It is ridiculous to compare Nazi Germany with Confederacy... LOL.. Nazi Germany was a well-planned systematic killing of millions of people in short period of time. Confederacy was not that.

Why not ban any history that one disagrees with instead?

Yes. You know how sensitive shitSkins are. Especially nìgger males.