Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

why isn't gay marriage legal in Israel?

anyone know? I mean its legal in the united states and Canada.

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Israel has an odd stance on same-sex marriages. The act of marriage in Israel is a religious act, and therefore as there are no religious bodies prepared to marry same-sex couples in Israel, it is impossible to have a gay marriage ceremony in Israel. If a gay Isralie couple marries outside of Israel the state will recognize it and afford that couple all the legal rights that any other married couple have! As I said it's a very odd situation!

1 year ago

most people world wide find the idea too repugnant , it's only liberal western countries' politicians who think it's normal

• ben
    1 year ago

Religious jerks, you can get civil unions, however, and it is recognized if performed elsewhere.

• 1 year ago

Because the government in Israel doesn't decide what marriages are legal or illegal. Each religion makes its own rules. That's why Jews and Muslims can get divorced there but Catholics can't. It's also way Israelis of different religions usually can't marry each other in Israel.

• Jeff D
    1 year ago

Same sex marriage is illegal in most countries; only about 25 countries currently allow it.

1 year ago

It is

1 year ago

Apparently no males there like having a **** in their áss

• 1 year ago

I don't know but you should be able to find out by googling it.

• 1 year ago

Some cultures frown on it, get it?

1 year ago

Because Israel isn't the USA or Canada.

Why does the USA execute it's criminals? I mean Europe doesn't.