Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 years ago

Isaiah 57:15: Does "revive" mean to "resurrect" (I Cor 15) our "Dead spirits" (Rm 5:12) from the DEAD "in this life" (I Cor 15:19)?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes.

That is exactly what GOD is saying about Himself. Though He dwells in the highest domains, He reveals Himself and His love for us by descending to the 'lowliest' place among the humbled and contrite to elevate their spirits in this life as proof of His power to offer them eternal life.

Jesus even describes this in practical economic terms, when He speaks of a new social order. This 'reviving' system represents new life to the oppressed and those spiritually humbled by many generations of abuse within the former world arrangement, whom He calls 'the last':

'Jesus said, “Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel’s sake, but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life. “But many who are first will be last, and the last, first.” (Mark 10:29-31).

Elsewhere Jesus speaks of the 'benefactors' and how they are the ones who were formerly 'the first,' (Luke 22:25). He is describing the end of the 'aristocratic ages' and the emergence of 'common wealth' and its extreme abundance, restoring the 'spirits of the dead' whose hopes and aspirations were crushed long ago by a seemingly endless cycle of oppression based on birthright. 'Leaving' family, homes and farms does not mean abandoning them, but rejecting the former 'interpretation' for them once enforced by 'those in charge.' This is obvious when we see that neither Jesus nor His disciples ever abandoned their families, only the former social models and 'requirements' placed upon them by society's 'first,' the birthright benefactors and their obsolete models.

This is the beginning of the 'new world' GOD has promised, which fits perfectly with Christ's explanation that we see His kingdom first through mundane material things and learn its lessons through a faithful use of 'mammon,' (Luke 16:11), only through this do we discover and appreciate the 'true riches.' It is through those 'true riches' we will find the arriving genius from GOD to 'resurrect' the rest of what we are, including the knowledge to restore and replace our own physical bodies with bodies capable of enduring the full natural gauntlet represented by the coming age, (1 Corinthians 15:42-49). This process begins with a 'resurrection' of our broken spirits.

• 2 years agoReport

"IN THIS LIFE" (I Corinthians 15:19). "If IN THIS LIFE only we have HOPE in Christ, we are of all men MOST MISERABLE" (I Cor 15:19). It is the belief in the "resurrection of our DEAD spirits" (Rm 5:12) "IN THIS LIFE" for "By which also ye are SAVED..." (I Cor 15:2)!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

@ 😌

Why do you ask questions when YOU KNOW "God was manifested in the flesh" (I Timothy 3:16) so that HE could "die for our sins" (Acts 20:28) as GOD came (Matthew 1:23) ((("AS OF))) the only begotten of the Father" (John 1:14) in order to "shed His blood" (Acts 20:28)?

Why do you do that? Are you looking for ANY ESCAPE from TRUTH? Where do you think that "spirit" came from? GOD?

-------------------------------------------------

IT'S TIME YOU (((GROW UP))) PEOPLE!!!

SCRIPTURE (((WITNESSES))) OTHER SCRIPTURES THROUGHOUT THE BIBLE IN REFERENCE TO "A BELIEF" THAT'S WHY GOD SPOKE DEUTERONOMY 19:15; MATTHEW 18:16 AND II CORINTHIANS 13:1 AND SAID [PARAPHRASING] "WHERE THERE ARE TWO OR THREE WITNESSES [SCRIPTURES] THE (((WORD))) [OR BELIEF] IS (((ESTABLISHED")))!!!

YOUR "BELIEF" HAS TO HAVE A "WITNESS SCRIPTURE" AND CANNOT (((DEFY))) (((ONE SCRIPTURE))) OF WHAT GOD HAS SAID!

I WAS "SENT" TO REMIND YOU [AMONG OTHER THINGS], THAT IF YOUR BELIEF DEFIES ANOTHER SCRIPTURE THAT GOD HAS SPOKEN; YOU CALL HIM "A LIAR!"

IT IS HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM WHO "RESURRECTS US FROM OUR DEAD spirits" (ROMANS 5:12) FROM THE "POWER" THAT "COMES UPON US" (ACTS 1:8) AS HE "QUICKENS" US BACK TO LIFE (EPHESIANS 2:1) AND ARE "REVIVED TO LIFE" (ISAIAH 57:15)!

WITHOUT HOLY SPIRIT BAPTISM YOU (((REMAIN))) A "DEAD spirit" (ROMANS 5:12) AND GOD DOESN'T COMMUNICATE WITH "DEAD spirits" BECAUSE "HIS SPIRIT HAS TO BEAR WITNESS WITH OUR SPIRIT THAT WE (((ARE))) THE CHILDREN OF GOD" (ROMANS 8:16)

OTHERWISE, "YOU ARE NONE OF HIS" (ROMANS 8:9)!

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 years agoReport

Until your spirits wakes up in HELL for "UNBELIEF" (Heb 3:19)! It's time you Atheist and unbeliever GROW UP and realize YOU ARE A spirit or you could explain where conscience came from!!!

• 2 years ago

Revive in Isaiah 57:15

chayah

verb

to live, have life, remain alive, sustain life, live prosperously, live for ever, be quickened, be alive, be restored to life or health

(Qal)

to live

to have life

to continue in life, remain alive

to sustain life, to live on or upon

to live (prosperously)

to revive, be quickened

from sickness

from discouragement

from faintness

from death

(Piel)

to preserve alive, let live

to give life

to quicken, revive, refresh

to restore to life

to cause to grow

to restore

to revive

(Hiphil)

to preserve alive, let live

to quicken, revive

to restore (to health)

to revive

to restore to life

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexic...

Source(s): bisexual Christian
    • 2 years agoReport

Amen! I Cor 15:2 "By which also ye are SAVED..."

• 2 years ago

Spirits are not dead and you should cross reference Ez 37:

And make note of 1Cor 15:35, answer is 40-42; about revive and resurrection, check out Strong's Hebrew, not greek, compare the words the tenslators used to what the prophet said

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 years agoReport

GOD'S "chosen" people have been given THE "POWER" (Acts 1:8) to "lay hands on people" and/or "preach the Word" with "the LORD working with them" (Mk 16:20) and those HE'S "drawn" (Jn 6:35) will "LIVE."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

Isaiah and all the other OT texts are Judaic myths meant solely for Judaism. Thieving Christers merely purloined the Judaic messianic prophecy and then proceeded to pretzel twist it into a deformed and blasphemous doctrine that embraces all things anti_Semetic while proclaiming the "truth" of its unholy lies.

No OT text has ever implied or stated anything about invented Christer doctrine. Christianity is a blasphemous false foreign pagan religion that has no right or authority to defecate all over sacred Judaic test with its childish claims of superior truth position or knowledge.

Rolls eyes

• 2 years ago

It's fiction...don't worry about it

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 years agoReport

Repeating the Word of God seems to be hate to one who doesn't believe. I'm just telling you what was "inspired by God" which is the Word of God!

• 2 years ago

It could mean that; depends on who is applying it.

• ...Show all comments
    • 2 years agoReport

"A MAN can receive NOTHING except it be given him FROM HEAVEN" (John 3:27) and it's up to YOU to "Search the Scriptures to see if these things are so with READINESS OF MIND..." (Acts 17:11) or BE LOST (Heb 3:19)!

• 😌
    Lv 6
    2 years ago

If Jesus was a spirit, could he have really Died for our sins? Good questions to consider.

Source(s): Praise Jehovah Always.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.