Searching for a particular place to live when I retire. Need help finding it. (Trees, mushrooms, flowers, damp).?

I have 8 years before I retire from the military. I am trying to find out where I want to live when I get out. I want to find some place that is extremely similar to the way Waveland Mississippi was before hurricane Katrina. It was a magical place to live. We lived 2 blocks from the beach and there were trees that covered the roads and houses and everything. It was like living in a forest with huge old trees and the earthy smell of mushrooms and flowers. I really miss living there but now its a completely different place and I want to find somewhere as similar to that as possible. It doesn't matter what state, as long as it has warm summers, lots of trees, clean air. I really love the musty forest smell. I prefer to not be in hurricane paths. Any suggestion is greatly appreciated. That place was truly magical with single lane roads and just a real down to earth vibe.

• Toruko

American Samoa. That's four islands, one with

a National Park, and marine-related industry.

It is not likely to attract a nuclear detonation.

Recommend purchase of the USGS

Topographic Maps to see infrastructure

that vehicle use and walking won't get to.

Go live in Costa Rica

• ?

Get the hell out of this country. Go retire somewhere in Europe, Australia, or South America if you're insane.

You could live up in the clouds

• ?

You might try Savannah, GA, but it would seem that anything within a day's drive of the Gulf or Atlantic is in a hurricane path these days.

Have you looked at Waveland recently?

I don't know anything about it but from a specific article that quoted a hardware shop owner:

“People are just not satisfied moving away because Waveland is unlike any other place,” says Hubbard

• ?

Of course the possibility of a place on the opposite end of the country is absolutely not a possibility.

http://www.sevenwondersofwashingtonstate.com/the-h...

Many many places have your requirements.

Suggest as you get older you might want roads that are little easier to negotiate for things like a doctors visit or your day to day needs like shopping for groceries. Off in the countryside is great on the good days.not so wonderful when you may need some outside assistance.

Richmond, Virginia? May be a step further from ocean habitats, however if in the millitary a fair time, you will appreciate in full the spiritual potency of being surrounded in thick American forrests. Plus the smell after snowfall or rain is in and of itself "clearity" hevensent, purely a permanent treasure laid early to mankind.

Source(s): Experienced.

You should check out Arkansas. Not the eastern part that's on the flat, Mississippi valley. But the northwest half, with the tall evergreens. The southern half of the state is in the sub-tropical climate zone, with lots of hot, steamy summers. Northwest Arkansas has a lot of fishing recreation, and preppers are fond of the secluded, forested hills. If you like rockhounding, there are quartz crystal mines to grub around in and even the Crater of Diamonds State Park. Nice place for retirees to hang out.

• k am

Ask Jesus where ❤️