If an older person who was around dying age was sick - would you pray for them to get better or pray for them to die a painless death?

Usually if somebody is sick and they are over the age of 60 - I just pray for them to die a painless death. I don't pray for them to get better.

• 1 year ago
    Best Answer

God does not want anyone to die sick. It is only because of the corruption of sin that we die at all. It is far more comfortable to die of old age, in your sleep, than to die of disease. If comfort is your priority, then pray for them to recover from their illness. Then they can be comfortable while they live (however long that may be).

• Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

Where does it say that in the Bible? You made that up. You're a liar.

• 1 year ago

You think 60 is around dying age? You are such an idiot.

• Dork
    1 year ago

Better hope Reynaldo Weeks doesn't see this question or he'll be pissed. He's 83.

• 1 year ago

But Jesus said that if you obey all of his saying you wont ever die spiritually or physically . We want to live .

• 1 year ago

Well, at least that way when sick dying people do die,

you can pretend praying worked.

Brilliant plan as long as there's morphine available.

• 1 year ago

My mother is 81, even though I am an atheist I pray that she will die every time she gets a slight cold.

She is quite wealthy.

• Uncle Fester
      1 year agoReport

Funny thing is that I am 56, thus close to being a write off according to the OP. It was a joke, by the way, sort of.