How to use compass with shaky hands?

I have a problem where I always shiver (sometimes my body does it quite violently) and my hand especially is annoying when it happens because I have to use a compass in maths and sometimes drawing. I could never bisect an angle accurately without help because I could never place the compass properly and it s annoying. I also find it hard to draw circles with compasses. Is there a way to stop the shivering problem, or an easier way to draw circles and bisect angles? I have anxiety if this helps with a solution. Thx 💜

Favorite Answer

Try applying more pressure when you press down the compass, I have this problem.

• Tim D

Using a stencil might be a better option, tape it down before you draw the circle with some low tack masking tape.

The shivering could be any number of things, your doctor might be able to treat it.

• John

> I always shiver (sometimes my body does it quite violently)

You don't need to draw circles, you need to see a doctor. Not kidding.