Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 2 years ago

Why do women like to share or split their food with each other when they go out to eat?

As men we usually only share or split food if we are on a budget, eating pizza, or just not too hungry. We as men also don't mind giving small samples of our food just for our friends to get a taste.

But I notice women don't seem to mind if they eat huge portions off each others plate. Why is that?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago
    Favorite Answer

1. Sometimes the portion sizes are too big for a single person to finish in one sitting, so you offer to share it like an appetizer. (Women tend to have smaller stomachs). Or perhaps they didn't have much of an appetite before coming to the restaurant.

2. Both of you mutually want to sample the dishes, so each person offers a large portion of their meal to trade. Think of it as "tapas." Instead of ordering one large meal for yourself, your table might order 6 or 7 small plates of different foods for everyone to eat.

3. It's an extension of friendship. Offering food brings you closer together.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Women become beasts.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Men hate other men by nature: they want other men dead, so they can get all the women the posible for themselves.

• 2 years ago

It's a sister thing!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

They sure like to share my food when out on a date. Why, I have no idea.

• blu
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Women try to impress each other in ways men wouldn't consider. It's a different gender and I resigned myself long ago to accept unsolvable mystery about them.

They might say they go through all that effort to look good for men but they're doing it to impress other women too.

The most beautiful woman woke up next to me w/o make-up.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Portions in some places are huge, so why not split an entree rather than have to take half of it home. Most women just don't eat as much as most men (because if we did we'd all be overweight).

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

It's all part of their brand of crazy. My best guess is that it's a form of bonding, but I'm not a 100 percent sure.

• 2 years ago

I don't really understand that. I resent it when people try it with me and I would NEVER try it with someone else's plate.

I grew up in a well-off middle class household, but our fortunes fell drastically in my teens. And in my 20s, when I was on my own, I was downright poor. And I've been homeless at times.

And my eating habits reflect that history.

Reach for something on MY plate uninvited (and getting an invitation is extremely unlikely), and I can only barely stop myself from sticking a fork in your hand.

• 2 years ago

Sometimes they might wanna lose/gain weight so they give it to the other person to help them out

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

the dishes of food can be so big. it is good to have half of yours and half of your friends.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.