If God caused the Sun to "stand still" for Israel, doesn't that mean the Earth stopped rotating?

If the Earth, rotating at nearly 1000 mph, stopped so the Sun stayed over Israel until they were victorious in battle, then why didn't other contemporary cultures record the unnaturally long day/night?

Better yet, why didn't the inertial forces rip the surface apart with hurricane winds in excess of 500 mph, tsunamis racing west to east, earthquakes and buckling of the tectonic plates, and the launching of all loose organisms and objects on the surface of the Earth at nearly 1000 mph?

Update:

If "God" is so powerful to stop/start a planet's rotation and dampen All planetary inertia, then why didn't He just strike down their enemies with crippling diarrhea?

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Jeremy
    Lv 6
    11 months ago
    Best Answer

Better yet, it didn't happen, and that is a fictional account.

• Judaism itself has survived, despite horrific persecution along the way so I think they deserve far more respect than many afford them. I wouldn't be quite so confident if I were you since we know what people are like if they think they are being lied to. Logic and human behavior demand a rethink ..

• 11 months ago

God had no problem setting the sun on course. Maybe He altered the course of the sun instead of stopping the rotation of the earth. Let it be known, my friend, that God is smarter than you or any other man on this earth.

Repeat: God is smarter than you or any other man on this earth.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

That's why it's called a "Mirrical" Putz!

• 11 months ago

God is in complete control of every atom in the Universe. In point of fact, there are no such things as "natural laws". Everything happens by God's choice but He chooses to do some things in the same or a similar way each time because of His great love for us. That way we are able to predict things.

• Jea
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

"fact" Do look that word up. It doesn't mean what you use it to mean. Smartassa whip? Dull as a post?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 11 months ago

Not necessarily. we are just learning about our solar system and Galaxy. I think that our Galaxy sun included must also rotate around something else and that rotates around something else so at some point the sun or the earth reached an apogee in the rotation and the sun remained in the same location in the sky just as the Bible says it did?

• 11 months ago

Yes, and if the earth suddenly stopped moving, probably everything on earth would be destroyed.

• Why did Jesus speak in parables? Sorry if that's over your head....

• antonius
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

You did not answer the question. Jesus of the NT never spoke in parables nor any other way. Sorry if that's over your head..

• Al
    Lv 6
    11 months ago

This is an indication the Earth may have shifted its Axis.

• 11 months ago

It is peculiarly stupid to try to impose natural limitations upon a supernatural operation, don't you think?

And if you don't kow how it was accomplished it is extremely small minded to deny it happened, is it not?

Isn't that the problem with Atheists? And, of course that they know nothing and live from that?

Not surprisingly they are therefore known as the stupidest people on Earth.

We understand why God calls them fools.

• 11 months ago

Not necessarily. God could have caused the Sun to orbit the Earth as it rotated. If you are going to break the laws of physics, you may as well do it in a major way.

When I was in (a very religious) school, they actually got a speaker into assembly to tell us a supposedly true story that a NASA computer had worked back to track down a 'missing day in time'. I find it amazing that Christians are willing to resort to such ridiculous lies to support their religion.

• antonius
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

Could it be a brain disorder cause by something they actually believe? LOL!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.