Kindle problems?

The Kindle is old. I try to charge it. No indicator shows up on the screen but there is a light which shows up on the side of the Kindle. I tried it on an even older Kindle beforehand which had the same thing happen (I have 2 Kindles) and the screen ended up messed after a while (less than 5 minutes I think) and the Kindle was still not charged. I decided to not charge my slightly newer Kindle when I found the same starting effects. But I want to know if it's because of the Kindles being old or the lead I used (I used a random lead I found a while ago, which charges my camera perfectly). Maybe it's about the voltage or something on the wire?

Nvm I tried it anyway and it works on this more recent Kindle.

Kindles use a very standard micro USB cable. If a different cable won't charge them, it might be time for a new Kindle. The new ones with back lighting can be read in the dark.

The battery is bad.

its just because its old