Has anyone gotten in trouble for not attending jury duty?

This is the second notice and I lost the paper and don't remember the number to reschedule I was told they'll come looking for you...has This ever happened?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Yes, a lot of people have gotten in trouble for not doing jury duty when they were called up to do so.

What you should do is call the courthouse and ask them to route your call to the appropriate number.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Not personally but I do know people who have been arrested for refusing to show up for jury duty

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

nope!

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

They can arrest you and put you in jail for ignoring those summons. Telling them you lost it and forgot the number won't make any difference at all. That's why they call it duty instead of option. They can also levy a hefty fine against you if they choose. You can find the jury commissioner

s number in the phone book under country offices. You might want to call them before they call you

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Murzy
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

they will issue a warrant for your arrest but will not come looking for you. if you get stopped by the police, the open warrant will show up and they will take you into custody

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Yes it is called 'contempt of court'

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.