I am looking for ways to make my city more wheelchair accessible? Any ideas?

I realize this is going to be a difficult task, yet I am looking for ideas to get started. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Not just businesses, housing as well.

Im also Canadian. I don't think we signed the ADA, but do have certain building codes.

• Favorite Answer
  • 1 year ago

HI so here in the united kingdom we have building regulations available in most libraries or council offices.

• 1 year ago

Speak to disable groups in your coty

• GTB
    1 year ago

First look up the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and understand what it mandates. Secondly, make sure your city's public services complies with the ADA and if it does not, request them to change things to comply. Wheelchair access is only one part of ADA but it is a significant part. If all complied to the existing law, much of what you wish to achieve would be in place.

1 year ago

I was in a van the other day that had a ramp that came out of it, Perhaps you can find these movable ramps for buildings also?