what's wrong with my toyota celica's transmission?

I have a 1990 Toyota Celia. It has problems with the transmission. First, it will not budge in reverse. Second, it drives forward in neutral, third, it tries to drive forward in park. I ran computer diagnostics on the transmission and the code I got was "bad no2 speed sensor" which made sense cause I also noticed my cruise control doesn't work. Is that the only issue that could be causing all this? The car still drives just fine in drive. Could simply replacing the no2 speed sensor fix the problem, or would I have to replace the entire transmission? I've already changed the fluid multiple times which had no affect.

• bo

1) might be a linkage problem

2) the speed sensor will not help with the problem you have

3) if linkage checks out fine then a internal problem with the forward frictions stuck in the applied position which would also give you the problem with moving in neutral and trying in park

4) find local shop at ATRA.COM for more help

Source(s): transmission man

Replace the sensor and see if it fixes it. No fix, see a professional transmission mechanic. Or it might be time to junk the car.

I agree, check the linkage. Looks like wherever you place the selector lever isn't what the transmission is receiving. You think you've put it in park, for instance, but the linkage is telling the gearbox to be in drive - or something along those lines.

Check the shift linkage.

qhxfwkpv

tjnkpqed