Relationship with my girlfriend?

i used to play and use girls like a fuckboy right. i’m 16. and i finally settled down and found this amazing girl. she used to do the same as me but we both stopped and are together and she is super amazing and treats me really good and ik she does. we fight sometimes but that’s okay. but i keep thinking how i kinda wanna go back to being a fuckboy and just sex and stuff and yes ik it sounds dumb especially because she is amazing and treats me well but i just don’t know if i’m ready for a relationship? like ever since i got my heart broken a year ago i just have never been actually ready. i thought i was but turns out i don’t think i am ready and i don’t wanna hurt this amazing girl. i dont know what to do. what’s your guys advice?

• Katzen
    Favorite Answer

My advice to you is honesty.

First of all, I'm glad to see that you have matured a bit. Playing with girls' feelings and tricking them into sleeping with you is not an admirable quality, but I understand it's a phase a lot of people go through.

Just have a talk with her and say that you really like her but you don't want a serious relationship right now. Say that you'd like to consider being with her again in 5 years or so, when you've both matured, because you're not ready for monogamy right now and the last thing you want to do is hurt her by cheating or something. If you're just completely transparent then trust me she'll forgive you quite quickly.

Btw, is this all because secretly you're afraid of being the one broken-hearted, so you want to leave her before she leaves you? If that's the case you should probably focus on working on that rather than sabotaging your relationship. But if it's because you'd genuinely rather be single right now then do what I said above.

Just so you know, you can still "play the field" and still be respectful and honest to women. Not every girl wants a relationship. Last thing you want to do is be "that guy" who is going around being a ***** because he's actually very insecure deep down.

If she is an AMAZING GIRL... "Talk to her". She is the one that needs to know what is going on. We as STRANGERS don't really care if you are Happy or a F-boy.

A 16 year old F-Boy.

Sounds like the punchline to a joke.

What would you REALLY KNOW about The Joys of Sex?