What is the legal thing to do if an intruder breaks into your Home? (Texas)?

I asked an officer out here in Houston this question and he said shoot to kill or use any weapons. I heard I can still fave time for shooting the intruder. I bougt a gun for my safety but don t want to face any charges.

Texas does seem to incourage shooting people but remember that you will need to make a reasonable case that you or others were in imminent threat of physical harm or death. If you shoot the bad guy in the back while he is running away you are going to have problems selling that threat stuff to a judge.

• Sally

Where do you live? Hellhole, USA? Are home invasions common in your neighborhood? If so, perhaps you should move.

bash em

Blast them with tazers put em down quick with intense pain throughout the body not just on spot call the USCCA

You can only face time if you live, which is unlikely if you try to shoot the intruder, or if the intruder finds out that you have a gun. In either of those situations, the intruder has to kill you. If you want to the intruder to be able to leave you alive, then you have to give the intruder the opportunity to leave alive without killing or being killed.