He insulted me. Ive never felt more stupid. Help!?

so this guy who I bought coffee from who I thought liked me because he would always strike up conversation with me and ask me personal questions about my life completely DISSED ME.One night he asked me if I had plans that night &whether I drinked.I was caught off guard by the question. I said I had nothing too exciting planned and that I’d have a glass of wine but wasn’t really into getting drunk.He then laughed & said ‘curl up with a glass of wine.’After that he got a really serious look on his face, looked at me intensely & me being the socially awkward IDIOT that I am, smiled at him. Guess what? He had a gf! Kill me. We ran into each other again after that boy did he have a point to make. He was sitting with his friend and they were both laughing. I looked at him thinking he would say hi to me and he just sat there laughing like ‘b$&$& I don’t give a eff if u don’t get drunk I ain’t into you.’’ According to social media he had a gf the entire time. Why would he ask me these questions? I’m usually by myself so he probably thought I was a loser. I’m really heartbroken cuz I liked him.This is really bothering me.I feel stupid. I tried coming out of my shell and look what happens to me. I need advice bc this whole thing is affecting my wellbeing. I keep obsessing over why he asked me those questions. Is it because i am always alone? I always sit down at that place for hours studying. Was he implying that i was boring?

• Janet

Once you learn to accept yourself, flaws and all, NO ONE can insult you.

When we respect ourselves, deep inside, we understand that those who diss us just don't recognize our value. It is their problem, not ours.

awww </3 what an ***, Don't validate how you feel about yourself on someone else's failure to see your value.

You never felt more stupid? He's probably a player, looking to get you drunk and sleep with you. He's probably an alcoholic. This is kind of a test to see if you're easy.

He's the one who should feel stupid. He's a jerk. Forget him. Don't buy coffee from him anymore either. And find a new place to study.

He was probably just being friendly. I think you're reading far too much in this- perhaps because you haven't had guys ask you out before? Some coffee shops (and other places) encourage the staff to be friendly with customers, to create a warm, welcoming atmosphere. He might win "employee of the month" by being friendly. And when you weren't in the coffee shop, he might not have even recognized you.

Many, many people go to coffee shops alone- on breaks from work, etc.

• Don't feel stupid. The guy sounds like a complete tool bag.

Screw whatever he's said and move on. Ignore him from here on out and try to avoid him if possible.

NEXT!!