I am going to Italy over the march break and would like to get inexpensive gifts for people. Any ideas??

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

If you're going to Venice there are lots of little shops that sell Venetian glass. Its really pretty and not too expensive. Another good idea is to find Italian candies to bring back to people. I did that when I went to Italy and everyone loved the candies. Italy is also known for its genuine leather. In Florence there is a really good and cheap leather shop that sells purses, wallets, bags, bookmarks, belts, books, and a bunch of other stuff. stop there if you can

• John
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

We are Italian so there is one gifty-thing that is always popular. They are small table cloths, about the size of a pillow case or larger, made out of light fabric like flour sack. They are printed with the region and what the region has around it, in pictures. So there will be Roma and a picture of the Colosseum and Trevi fountain and others, all very arty and pictorial. Or wines, or cheese. There is a huge variety of them and they are like $5. And they pack tight. In the last ten years you can find wine corks with enameled tops representing the town. Those are nice and more like $10 or so. These things are around the whole country, here and there.

• ...Show all comments
    • John
      Lv 7
      1 year agoReport

You're welcome; Below is an example of the map but we've never paid that much:

https://www.doma-italian-market.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=28&products_id=639

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 year ago

Are you talking about buying things in Italy for people in the US? Or taking gifts to people in Italy? If the latter, look for local products. We have a chocolate factory in my city- that makes chocolates in the shape of local landmarks. We like to take those. I have also taken sets of the quarters with different states printed on them- in those folders that can be displayed. OR small bottles of Jack Daniels, which is very expensive in other countries.

If you're buying in Italy, they are known for leather products like gloves and wallets. You can also take back things like parmesan cheese, IF it's commercially packed and sealed in plastic,

• 1 year ago

Get something typically Italian, not the sort of tourist tat that is peddled everywhere to tourists and is usually made in China. So maybe some kind of candy or cookies only available in Italy and guaranteed to have been made there.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Carnevale masks from Venice or Murano glass. While some can be very expensive, there are also affordable ones. Small art works by the street artists in various cities

• 1 year ago

Fridge magnets, clothing don’t worry about cost, it’s the thought that helps, have fun!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.