Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 11 months ago

Did you know that those with mental illness account for less than 1 percent of all yearly gun-related homicides in North America?

and people with mental illness account for just 3-5 percent of overall violence in the U.S?

Source:

BBC

Update:

I am mentally ill (Bipolar, Anxiety Disorder). I don't care if people think I'm scary. I don't care if people assume **** about me, or if people think that BBC is full of ****. I believe them. I do not fear myself, nor my mind.

Update 2:

Yes. People are undiagnosed due to lack of resources. Many people commit violence, and don't have a mental illness though. Also, I am pretty sure that they do mandatory psych evaluations on murderers.. Unless it's a big cover up, then I don't see how BBC is wrong.

Update 3:

Well, maybe the Psych tests aren't mandatory. I shouldn't assume that. I would think that they have some kind of system in place to determine a criminal's mental state though. How else would they get these stats? They just sat around a table, and made all this **** up? What would be the point of that?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

95% of all mass shooters are conservative white Christian males.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Liberals make up 95% of all cases of mental illness.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

and if you go 1.6 miles east on river rd, you will find her body by the rock, not in the water, by the rock.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Did you know that the human head weighs ten pounds?

Maybe with a diagnosed mental illness. Many people with mental illness are undiagnosed due to lack of resources. If you ask me, anyone who shoots someone, and it's not in self defense, is mentally ill.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

I don't believe that for one second. You all need to quit believing everything that you read on the internet.

• 11 months ago

Yes most are white crazy cons

• You really dont want to break down murder stats by race. If you did, you would see that a race that makes up only 13 percent of the population, commits over 50 percent of the murders.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.