No license and got a ticket, can I provide them with one before the 15 day?

So to make this more clear, I was being a dumba*s and driving with my g1 and I got pulled over for having expired stickers. As a g1 you cannot drive alone, and got a $325 ticket with a $110 ticket for not having renewed my plates. Since I can get my g2 anytime, if I manage to get my g2 before the 15 day period to pay off the fines can I give that to them and they remove the $325 fine or at least reduce it?

doesnt work that way

You may get some sympathy from the magistrate, but don't count on it.

NO! You will pay all the fines.

• M.

Why do people who have no regard for the law (driving alone with a G1) have to advertise their disregard for the law (expired stickers)???

You will appear in a court of law, no doubt. You can negotiate with the judge. If you ARE actually able to get the G2, then I would do it immediately, as it would likely be a positive bargaining point.

But plan on being severely punished, because this is why they have the graduated driver's license.

You are supposed to drive with the G1 for a year. Has a year passed? Have you passed your G1 road test?

Because Ontario, Canada is my neighbor, I know a little bit about the graduated driver's licensing.

https://www.insurancehotline.com/ontario-g2-licenc...

• nt

call the court clerk & ask. i know years ago in traffic court, half the courtroom had tickets for no insurance. Those that later got insurance had their fine reduced by about half. So it can't hurt to ask

• Poppy

In the US no, when you see the judge they pull your drive privileges for a year. IDK about Canada.

• Scott

You did not have the proper license at the time the ticket was issued. Providing one after the fact doesn't change that.

When you go to Court and plead guilty you can ask if you can say something before sentence is handed down. They'll always agree. Then's your chance to grovel a little by apologising for being stupid and for taking up the Court's time, and you can say you now have it all sorted out and have your g2 etc...Whether it'll make any difference is not guaranteed, but at least the Court will listen. Good luck.

This isn't your parents you're dealing with.

You broke the law and now you pay for being stupid.

Are you aware that Police now have a scanner mounted in their front grill that brings up the record and status of your drivers license the minute a cop car is behind you? Can't get away with anything anymore!

You don't mention where you live, but if you are somewhere in the US (other countries use dollars of their own) you have a decent chance of getting the $325 fine reduced if you have your g2 by the time you have to appear for arraignment. You would plead guilty and mention as you enter the plea, "I plead guilty, and I have my g2 license now." You have to plead guilty or the judge won't listen to anything you have to say - you have to "save that for the trial." At trial you would be found guilty and the fine would stay at maximum.