I got a bad role in a musical and feel worthless?

Does anyone have any tips for coping with getting a bad role? Our theatre was doing one of my favourite musicals and I was so excited to be in it and be able to dance and sing to my favourite songs. My goal was to at least get a good enough ensemble part to be in as many songs as I could. According to others... show more Does anyone have any tips for coping with getting a bad role?

Our theatre was doing one of my favourite musicals and I was so excited to be in it and be able to dance and sing to my favourite songs. My goal was to at least get a good enough ensemble part to be in as many songs as I could. According to others watching my audition, I sounded good, like enough to get an ok ensemble part. We found out our casting, and I was put in the ensemble group with all the bad singers and the group only has a couple songs. Now I won’t be able to be in any of my favourite songs and I will have to sit out for most of the musical. This really destroyed my confidence as I feel worthless and like a useless untalented actor. I’m also upset that were doing my dream show and I won’t be in most of it. I’m thankful that I at least got a role, but I feel like it will be hard for me to watch others perform my favourite songs while I sit off on the side. I realize that I’m not as good as others, and I don’t want to sound like a diva, but I’m just really sad that I can’t perform most of my dream musical. Has anyone been through this and does anyone have any tips on how to gain back your confidence and not feel useless?