Whats it like to return a car back from a lease?

my parents leased a 2017 Rogue back in 2017 up until 2022 spring time. My dad said my uncle said he leased cars all his life and drove 27 brand new cars in 42 years.

I am kind of skeptical on leasing because everyone says you have to bring it back the exact same way it was. The tires are run flat tires and at Nissan they are like $1200 for a whole package.

My friend said he leased a Chrysler 300 or his dad did, and after 3 years the lease was over there was a chip on the windshield and they asked his dad to replace the whole thing for $700.

Is leasing worth it?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Why not just buy the car if it’s a 5 year lease.

It’s never a good idea to lease a car unless you rarely use it. You’re limited to something like 10K - 12K miles per year and most people that drive to work drive way more than that. I drive about 15K miles per year so if I were to lease a car for 5 years, I’m paying about 6K for overuse(25¢ per mile over the limit).

Why are companies pushing you to rent rather than own. Because it benefits them. By renting, you continue to pay a monthly fee. If you buy, you pay for about 5 years then you stop paying. By buying, you can sell it and use it to pay for a new car.

• 1 year ago

Stupid troll. First, consumer car leasing in the U.S. hasn't been around for 42 years. Second, I've never seen or heard of a 5 year consumer car lease. Third, when you return a leased car, it doesn't have to be like new. I've been leasing for 25 years and never paid a dime when returning the cars.

1 year ago

Leasing is a bad deal. And your uncle PAID out the ying yang for leasing.

Stupid troll punk.

1 year ago

You said last week that you are taking over the lease. 2017 Nissan Rogue troll strikes again.

• Jake
      1 year agoReport

hey I have a better idea. why don't you kill yurself?