Worried about brain eating amoeba disease?

I live in northern Ontario Canada and it is winter here right now but last night while taking a fairly hot shower I accidentally got the shower water into my nose very aggressively and deep which I did two times. I was wondering if this disease stays inside of shower tanks like mine and If I may have gotten some in me. If so are there any symptoms by days or hours I should look out for?

Best Answer

those generally only occur from lake water or very poorly sanitized tap water.

symptoms can take up to 2 months to show but when symptoms show you have a 99% death chance.

this is SUPER rare

in the ENTIRE WORLD there have only been a few thousand cases.

• Hannah

It's highly unlikely that you would get it from the shower. Only in very rare cases has the amoeba been found in tap water. And even if it was in there, I doubt you would have accidentally gotten it far enough up your nose to get infected. The only deaths I've heard of are when people use tap water with a neti pot, and purposely put the water up their nose.

Don't swim in the swamp.

• Jay10 months agoReport

Yeah.... such as stating the obvious

if you feel nornnal after that then i wouldnt worry about it, but if youre worried about it go see your doctor about it

• Jay10 months agoReport

It's been about 18 hours since and I feel fine but I've had neck and shoulder pain all day. I don't think it would come on that fast but besides that I feel fine. I get headaches from other things but I feel okay.

• kelvin

you still don't have that

First, one has to have a brain before worrying about the disease.

• Jay10 months agoReport

I'm sorry what? I can't read star star star star.