Can PayPal refund me for this?

We paid for a boat tour and photography package using paypal.

Needless to say, the photographer was kind of rude when we were trying to plan everything, and then on the day of the trip, he was nowhere to be seen. The other boat staff had to call and text him to tell him to show up. And so he met up with us late. Then he took TERRIBLE photos of us and a bunch of other things he did just did not sit well with us. And we couldn't even complete our tour because he cut it short.

I left a bad review about him on TripAdvisor. And then he sent me a few very long messages telling me I was dishonest and that I was the disorganized one and he just went on a rant bashing me, even though in my review I said some nice things about him aswell.

He sent another message saying I "had serious problems" "lack love and happiness in my life" and that he wishes one day I can be a better person....

Can we get a refund or at least a partial refund for all of this? From Paypal?

Favorite Answer

You can dispute it. If your contract was for, for example, 6 hours and he was there for only 4, you are entitled to a 2 hour refund. Bad photographs - only if they are really bad, like out of focus, or not the photos that he promised. Read your contract to remind yourself as to what you were contracted to get and got instead. Don't wait too long to dispute it. Paypal could have a short window of opportunity.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • Yeti

You can ask them. But it sounds like the services were provided, and you're disputing the quality.

And I believe Paypal protects transactions only for "physical, tangible goods that can be shipped."

You almost certainly would need to pursue the matter via something like small claims court, not Paypal. And your odds of getting anything are poor on top of that. People like photographers get paid first and foremost for their time. It's not uncommon that people in such professions have to run late, seem rude because of how they rush around, etc. If you try to say they're bad photos, for example, tough luck. It happens all the time with wedding photographers, etc.

Seriously? Why would PayPal give you your money back? This is between you and the person you paid.

Leaving a bad review is the LAST thing you should have done. LOL that you said you left a bad review but "said some nice things about him as well". Yeah RIGHT!

You can take this guy to small claims court but unless you have everything in WRITING and PROOF he didn't do what you paid him to do you'd be wasting your time.

How pretentious are you that you take a boat tour and hire someone to take pictures for you and of you. That's just so tacky!

the only way to know is to contact paypal

You didn't pay Paypal, you paid him. They don't have your money to refund.

Maybe you can sue

Highly unlikely.