Should I get a Costco membership if I don't drive?

They have delivery options where I live but it might not apply to things that require refrigeration like steak or salad or salmon.

I could also take the taxi home since Costco is only about 4 km from my home.

Favorite Answer

I don't know how anyone else can make that decision for you. We don't know what you're likely to buy or how much of it, whether you have freezer or cupboard space to store bulk purchases, or anything else about your situation that has some bearing on whether shopping at Costco is a good idea or not. If you're only 4 km away and there is taxi service, I don't know why it matters whether or not you drive, except you clearly won't be buying gas there.

I live alone and do at least half my grocery shopping at Costco. I have a freezer. I have space to store bulk purchases. Costco sells more than food.

My membership costs around $120 a year and every year I get a rebate of around $60 based on what I buy. By buying things when they go on sale, I probably save at least $10 over Costco's regular prices every time I shop there, and Costco's regular prices are almost always cheaper than anywhere else in town. In effect, the membership more than pays for itself even with just grocery shopping since I don't often buy anything else.

• Janet

I think taking the taxi home would eat up whatever you save by eating at Costco.

One thing about Costco .. you buy in bulk. So unless you have a large family, or are splitting the food with other families, it isn't usually worth it to buy there.

If you live alone, no. Places like that are only good if you can buy and USE a lot of stuff.

No.

Costco sells alot of bulk products so unless you run a business I would not get a membership.They keep raising their membership fees and it's really not worth it unless you buy alot.

call and ask them what all can be delivered before making any decisions.

AND remember, not every Costco offers the same options. You are always better calling and asking your own local Costco.