I ate at a restaurant 2 days ago and paid with my credit card but the online credit card statement does not indicate any purchase. Why?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • nt
    Lv 6
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Takes 2-3 business days. Weekends & holidays do not count because they are not business days.

Smart tip: Returns are exactly the same.

Some cards show the pending purchase while others do not but you can back your way into it.

For example, if you have a $10,000 limit and $1000 on the card, it will say $9000 available. If you spent $50, that $9000 will update $8950 reflecting the $50 that is pending.

Discover and Fidelity credit cards show pending purchases. Amex does not. In my experience anyway. The availability thing should work everywhere.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

That's unusual, it should be on there. Either someone messed up, and you won't get charged, or it will just take an extra day to appear (more likely).

• Kaz
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

The restaurant (most likely) just hasn't processed it yet. It'll show up eventually.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

It can take them a day or two to get caught up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

nnaybe they just didnt take the nnoney out right away, or nnaybe sonneone else paid for it and they forgot to tell you

• 1 year ago

Not all restaurants are timely with their credit card submissions. Go with the expectation that the charge will eventually catch up.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.