Should I ask him out? How?

I’ve liked this guy for a few months now. He works on my floor as a supervisor (aka. His job is to help us if we need anything, make sure everyone is alive, etc.) We get along really well, talk a lot, he’s my type, and super cute!

I’d like to get to know him even more but part of me wonders of its inappropriate because he’s technically in a position of superiority. Is it inappropriate to pursue him? Should I initiate anything? If so, what do I do? Thanks :)

Ps. I am a 1st year university student and he is a 2nd year (so only 1 year older than me).

Favorite Answer

I don't think him being your supervisor should stop you from approaching him. You like him and that's that. I think he might have not approached bc of how you might think it's inappropriate. So you should break that barrier and give him good hints that you're into him so that he'd be more comfortable with approaching you.

If he doesn't still then you could ask him out indirectly. Call/text him and ask him to help you with something (can be literally anything like picking out a new piece of furniture or just come up with a stupid job related issue that's minor and tell him that you'd want to talk about later at a coffee shop or something) and then you could jump to different topics and talk about his life and so on...act like its a date from that point on, and ask him for help other times too, at some point I'm sure he'll get the hint. Thanks and please answer my question.

I don't think there is anything wrong with pursuing this guy. I mean its not as if he can give you that much preferential treatment. What I think you should do is to start giving this guy little hints that you are interested. A good starting point is to send warm and inviting vibes to this guy by smiling and waving at him whenever you see him. Another good idea is to make small talk whenever you run into him and ask him questions that will get them reveal their personality. That approach is really attractive as it shows that you are interested in listening to what they have to say and learning about them - a very admirable quality. I really hope this helps :)

Source(s): Do you think this guy would accept if you asked him inside for coffee? Has he ever done anything that has made you think that he could like you?
  • Candy

Smile really is the only suble clue you could give, you dont want to seem to desparate.If he know s you like him sooner or later if he is interested he will in time ask you outl.You shouldnt let position or one year of age make you feel inferior to any one aswell.Sound like your really new at uni and need to make friends that will make you feel ok and not over powered.Some people can take advantage of your naivety

• Max

Workplace relationships can be messy (e.g. if they end badly, if coworkers are upset about it, and like you say, he is basically your boss etc.). However, maybe if this is just a job you have while a student, it might not hurt your career if you didn't have this particular job and maybe you have met someone that you maybe could have the sort of relationship with that doesn't come along very often. If you think that having a relationship with this guy would be worth not just staying in your current job or maybe even risking your current job (and you know he is available and interested), then maybe talk with him about it. Good luck.