Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 10 months ago

The doctor keeps being a dead end but something isn t right.?

I don t even know where to start. I m 29 years old. I ve had a CT scan on my kidneys a couple years ago and they shrugged off an inflamed right kidney (also note I have fused kidneys) and for years now I ve had microscopic blood in my urine. It also gets shrugged off. I had blood tests done for newer issues like really excessive facial hair growth, frequent spotting every 2 weeks, now no period for 6 weeks. Showed high testosterone in my blood. I had an ultrasound done on my ovaries, heard nothing back. I don t want something to be wrong, but I want an answer for all these things. My mom and little sister get sent to specialists for the smallest thing and I feel like I get shrugged off. I m going to the doctors again today to follow up but I really feel like it s not going to get me anywhere. Can anyone speak to these things, can relate? What did you do? What should I tell my doctor, should I be pushy for more thorough tests to be done. Thanks..

4 Answers

  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    You'll find a lot of doctors are like that. If they can't quickly diagnose a problem, then they resort to the mindset of their patient supposedly developing psychosomatic illnesses or being a hypochondriac.

    Doctors can be the best people in the world visit when you're ill, but just as often are no help at all.

    You may need to visit other doctors and provide them with access to your tests. It just takes one doctor who may have read up on the right information for a positive result to come about.

    It's also possible a specialist may know what the problem is, but you will need a referral from your GP.

    If your GP isn't helping, then another doctor may be able to make the referral instead.

    Don't give up on this. Sometimes the problem will heal of its own accord, but it can potentially become worse without intervention.

    Consider too, that holistic medicine may be the key rather than the regular medical profession. However there are a lot of scammers in the industry, so do your research into their practices before even considering visiting one.

    A for example of a scammer would be if they make claims about curing cancer. They can't and you should run a mile from any of those.

  • Eva
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

    You need to see an endocrinologist or gynecologist. Sounds like you could possibly have PCOS.

  • kelvin
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

    sounds too me like your doctor feels like their is nothing even wrong with you

  • lala
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

    Change doctor !! Its a emergency to see a specialist for your kidneys

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.