How to get a stuck toilet brush out of shower drain! The head broke off?

I was cleaning my shower drain with a toilet brush and the head snapped off and is lodged in the pipe. I cannot get access to under the shower. It is about a foot away?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Best Answer

call a plumber. you need something that can reach down into there and grab the brush head.

<shakes head in disbelief>

Source(s): grampa
    • Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

Any wire coat hanger might be worth a try, or a closet auger, or simply remove the trap.

• 8 months ago

Wire coat hanger. Unbend it, form a hook small enough to fit into the pipe, reach the broken head and try to hook it out. You might also try a "closet augur", available at hardware and plumbing suppliers, having a telescoping wire "screw" that can be twisted and forced down the drain to hook and pull out things you can't see.

Alternatively, get beneath the drain and remove the trap to take out whatever is in the upper pipe.

• 9 months ago

It is physically IMPOSSIBLE to shove a toilet brush far enough down the drain that you can't reach in and pull it out.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      8 months agoReport

He said the head broke off. Not impossible.

• Byrd
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Call a plumber

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mj
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

A fishing treble hook on very strong fishing line. Use a piece of wire to push the hook through the brush then draw it out slowly. Might take several attempts but should work.

• audrey
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Long handled BBQ tongs.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

They won't FIT down the drain, but neither will the brush.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.