Meng asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 years ago

Can you build a fast metabolism slowly over time?

Hi, I'm a guy who's currently recovering from an eating disorder and physical repercussions caused by extreme/restrictive dieting done over the course of last year.

My current TDEE is 1980, which isn't bad for my current weight (122lbs at 5'8.5) but pretty low for the general population that is not underweight.

My goal is to build a fast metabolism slowly over time, the same kind of metabolism that a lot of hard gainers claim to have where they can eat 3000 calories a day without gaining an ounce.

I'm doing this by adding about 10 calories a week to my TDEE.

Will my body keep adapting to these metabolic changes assuming that I am a normal human being with no special or super physiological qualities?

Thanks.

PS: I'm not posting this on the Bobybuilding forums because I'll get shat on.

My metabolism is much higher now at 40 then it was when I was 17. I couldn't tell you why though.

I gained 30 lbs at 17 in a 3 month period. I was depressed this past year, laying around, doing nothing, eating whatever I want. Tons of junk food. Only gained 8 pounds. Makes no sense.