How often do u take bath or use a bathtub? I am updating the main bathroom. Looking at just a shower instead of a tub shower .?

1 year ago

When you are sick and housebound, sitting in a tub of hot soapy water is relaxing. Fawk the phone. Make them leave a message. I have been that way where it hurt to STAND. The house that does not have a BATHroom if it only has a shower. I have a regular bathtub with the shower diverter in the main bathroom. I also have just a stand up shower in the second toilet room downstairs.. I have had broken arms, broken leg, broken hip, swine flu. and showered with a gf. The bath is to relax the sore muscles after a hard day working in the mines. Showers are for a quicky wash. 3 minutes or less.

1 year ago

I have probably taken a bath, four, maybe five times in the past 35 years, as I prefer to shower.

I could live without a bath tub. But, I am not so sure I would have preferred no tub in my house when I raised my two children. If I had two bathrooms, one with a tub and another with a shower, that would be the best of both worlds.

However, if you only have one main bathroom and a half bathroom, and no children in sight, then go with the nice oversized shower.

If a future buyer wants a bath tub, they can buy their own along with changing the kitchen sink from or to stainless steel to or from porcelain. No one is going to be 100% happy with the house and will make changes anyway. So, do what you what while you live there, I say.

• 1 year ago

once a month needed or not... and then its just a 5 minute shower to save water... never never never use a bath tub... why would you actually want to sit and soak in the nasty crap coming off your body... shower it off and watch it go down the drain... soaking in a tub is just so plain nasty...

1 year ago

never, I always shower.

1 year ago

Never

every single day - i like a bath rather than a shower

It doesn't matter how often I use a tub. It matters how often YOU do.

Unless you are planning to sell in the foreseeable future, FORGET about resale value because the answer to that WILL change.

homes sell better if the bath that might be used by small children has a tub. If there is no tub in a house, many young couples won't buy it for exactly this reason.

showers, especially low threshold ones with nearby, firmly installed grab rails, do sell to more elderly couples ... they anticipate that picking up their feet might become difficult. They also like oversized showers ... easier to fit a shower chair in if someone is no longer easily able to stand.

Source(s): grampa -- I've got one of each in my house
  • Speed

I'm not a bath person, although I'm not opposed to a Jacuzzi with my spouse. My dream bathroom has a walk-in shower, no tub, no need for a curtain.

For resale purposes, though, a house with three or more bedrooms should have at least one bathroom that has a tub, because families with young kids need a tub. That was among the considerations when we finally redid our bathroom.

I never take a bath, i get bored and don't like sitting in my own dirty water.