I have a lawsuit question for anyone that can help. I was involved in a collision with a coworker that hit my car when It was parked.......?

At work. The police was called and the report was made. The guy admitted he didn't wasn't paying attention. So after talking to his insurance company he tells them I pulled out in front of him and they wouldn't accept liability even though I had the police report saying he hit me.. the insurance company claims the report was unlegible. So after chasing this for months I took him to small claims and I won.. my question now is who pays for my damages. The judge gave him 10 days to pay me or if he doesn't I can have a sheriff take any valuables he has. His insurance company represented him so I'm just trying to figure out does he pay or insurance pays?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

Normally, assuming he was covered and his premiums were paid up, his insurance company pays.

• 2 years ago

No way a judge said you can go take his valuables. That is not at all how it works.

• 2 years ago

Troll. But funny fiction. The part about not paying would allow you to have the Sherriff take all of his valuables that made me laugh the hardest.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

i would talk to a lawyer about all that

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

I don't understand why you have to 'figure out' whether he pays or his insurance pays. Either way it will be up to the courts to enforce payment.

• 2 years ago

His insurance will pay

• Bruce
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

His insurance company will pay up to the limits of his coverage. If the award was more than he had coverage for, he pays.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

I'd say his insurance company will. They were wrong to dismiss your claim using the excuse the police report was illegible. That's a pretty lame excuse. Insurance companies hate paying up, but now they'll have to. Glad you won.

• 2 years ago

part of what you write makes no sense..............why would a rep from his ins co be there in his place in small claims court ??

you may need to research the next step as to what you need to do after winning a case in small claims court to get your payment

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

" I took him to small claims and I " He pays, it is not your concern if his insurance pays the money or not, it is his issue to resolve that not yours

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.