Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Yahoo ProductsYahoo Music · 11 months ago

Do you think that Kurt Cobain would have experimented with rappers like "Gorillaz", and electronica like "Radiohead"?

or was he a rock dude, through and through?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Andrew
    Lv 7
    11 months ago
    Favorite Answer

We'll never know, but it might have been interesting to see his evolution as a musician. He had a keen sense of melody, but he wasn't a particularly technical player. I think that he would have remained in his comfort zone and stuck with folksy, punk influenced, loose, simplistic songs. Nirvana was an intro-verse-chorus act, with little deviation. Occasionally they'd toss some feedback or something quirky into the pot, but they were essentially the greatest American garage band of all time, they weren't about being seen as technically gifted or anything. The simplicity to their songs, the melodious nature of their beats and hooks - the fact that they were just so catchy and energetic was their strength. I would have been very disappointed to see Cobain going for a more radio-friendly, contemporary singer-songwriter type of vibe. And I don't think that he would have gravitated toward becoming heavier or more of a whiddly-diddly type guitarist either. That's just my view of him.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 11 months ago

I'm guessing he would have experimented but not with those genre's.

• 11 months ago

He would have experimented.

• 11 months ago

if anything he was interested in folk and blues

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Hollis
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

I think so I’m this day and age

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.