Meng asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 years ago

Should an underweight person be fasting?

I'm 122lbs at 5'8.5. Lately, there's been a lot of fad on the benefits of extended fasting (days without food).

Having recently recovered from an eating disorder, I'm wondering if watching these types of informative content is healthy.

Yes. Remember that it's easy to go from underweight to OVERweight. Fasting is a good way to keep the extra fat off.

You are not recovered if you are considering fasting, I have an eating disorder and I fast sometimes but admit that I am not recovered and still have a long way to go.

Weight is irrelevant to how recovered you think you are too, I am only slightly underweight now and sometimes get into the lower healthy BMI range but it’s about thoughts, beliefs and behaviors.

Stay away from things like that, you don’t need them in your life and that includes any type of diet talk, all of that stuff is far too dangerous for someone who wants recovery from an eating disorder.

Fasting IS an EATING DISORDER. Stay away from it. It is NOT healthy. You are CLEARLY skinny at 122 and almost 5'9"....JESUS...I'm 5'9" and I am nowhere near my ideal of 160. Even that is not optimal...closer to 145, but I am never getting there.