Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Are liberals going so far as to create news laws to try to force Trump to release his tax returns?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 years ago

No one is forcing Trump to do anything. The House has asked for them directly from the IRS which is already covered by law.

• -j.
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Trump already promised he would, so I'm sure this is no problem for him. Right?

• Juana
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Congress requested the President's tax returns under a law that allows Congress to get returns without White House participation, specifically because of corruption concerns. But this White House has inserted itself into the process anyway.

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

Good luck getting trump to sign these laws. LOL

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 years ago

NO there is a law stating that when congress requests the return they shall be provided

• Anonymous
    2 years ago

There are already existing laws to ask for his tax return. Trump does not follow any laws.

• 2 years ago

You know, I thought it WAS the law that a presidential candidate needed to release his financial details and put his businesses in a blind trust. Because every president I can remember did so. Surprisingly, it's not a law. But I think it SHOULD be.

Remember, Trump promised over and over again to release his tax returns. Turned out he was just lying.

• Yavan
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

Nothing new about Congress requesting documents.

What you want is a king.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.