Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 years ago

Are liberals going so far as to create news laws to try to force Trump to release his tax returns?

No one is forcing Trump to do anything. The House has asked for them directly from the IRS which is already covered by law.

• -j.

Trump already promised he would, so I'm sure this is no problem for him. Right?

• Juana

Congress requested the President's tax returns under a law that allows Congress to get returns without White House participation, specifically because of corruption concerns. But this White House has inserted itself into the process anyway.

Good luck getting trump to sign these laws. LOL

NO there is a law stating that when congress requests the return they shall be provided

There are already existing laws to ask for his tax return. Trump does not follow any laws.

You know, I thought it WAS the law that a presidential candidate needed to release his financial details and put his businesses in a blind trust. Because every president I can remember did so. Surprisingly, it's not a law. But I think it SHOULD be.

Remember, Trump promised over and over again to release his tax returns. Turned out he was just lying.

• Yavan

Nothing new about Congress requesting documents.

What you want is a king.