Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 1 year ago

Need advice concerning My ORCHIDS?

Am leaving for six weeks . How do I keep them alive while I am away ? Thank You

• Ben
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

If they are phalaenopsis (moth orchids), the one most commonly sold as a houseplant, then you don't really need to do anything.

Give them a good water just before you leave, don't put them anywhere too hot, and maybe stand the pots in a tray of damp gravel (although even that's not really necessary), and they will survive 6 weeks without further water just fine. They are resilient plants, and more likely to die from too much water than too little.

• DIEGO.
    1 year ago

i wonder too.

• 1 year ago

Orchid are actually semi-succulents and can survive a bit of neglect much better than they can survive being overwatered.

I suggest you water well and leave them. Don’t leave them standing in water, you can leave them over a tray of pebbles with water so long as the roots are not in the water.

• 1 year ago

Leave your plants with a trusted neighbor or friend.

1 year ago

ask a friend to take care of thern while youre gone

• 1 year ago

Make sure they are going to stay covered (the stems ) in water . like put them in the sink in the vase and have the faucet just drip drip so it doesn't go overflowing but it is always has plenty of water in the vase.

1 year ago

GF, who used the raise orchids, says 'good luck' ...........................