Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 year ago

Should I ask him out for coffee when he comes, or is that too desperate?

I know this guy who lives in another city for over 8 years. We don't know each other on a deep level, but he sold me my first phone. Later on, my family and I found out that his older brother is getting married to our very close family friend's older daughter. So, we became a bit closer to his side of the family. I saw him at his brother's wedding about 7 years ago, but after that, I haven't seen him since as he moved to another city within the country. He is about 5 years older than me and we talk here and there on Instagram. Obviously, we don't talk too much because he's in finance and is super busy in another city and I just graduated from college. I don't know whether or not he's seeing someone because I've looked through his Instagram and he doesn't have any posts with anyone or comments by anyone suggesting he's dating someone. And he is a very social person so I'm assuming if he was seeing someone, he would have posted it already. I saw on his Instagram story that he is coming here in a few days. Should I ask him out for coffee? Or should I just wait for him to contact me? I was thinking of saying "Welcome back home! :)" But not sure if that's a good idea

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Its just coffee, its not even a date.... It might preclude an eventual date, but... Its. Just. Coffee. Not a big deal. Something friends do literally all the time.

• Trish
    1 year ago

Ask him. He'll either say yes or no.

• 1 year ago

I admire girls that have the courage to ask a guy out. It mean the girl knows what she likes and isn't affraid to ask. I would go on a date if she had the courage to ask.

• 1 year ago

I say go for it. What do you have to lose?

• 1 year ago

ew ur being too pushy for conntact, DISCUSTING, CHILL TF DOWN,yes.

• 1 year ago

Don't wait for him, ask before he comes to make sure.

• 1 year ago

No it's fine why not!

• 1 year ago

If you want to see him, then ask him for coffee. Not sure why it has to be all complicated.

• Wt
    1 year ago

if you like him..ask him out..

if he said he is bussy it means he is not interested or have a gf

• Bobby Lee1 year agoReport

Or he really enjoys the community transit. :}

• Alex
    1 year ago

desperate