Kate asked in Food & DrinkEthnic Cuisine · 1 year ago

Chinese food how long can it stay out?

So I went to a chinese restaurant and got chicken Chow main and sweet and sour pork for lunch. I took the left overs. But went shopping and for a walk while holding it. I was mostly outside and it was kind of Cool out most of that time. Would it be ok 4 hours later?

Thanks in advance :)

• Liar
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

According to the FDA, the safety window of warmed foods, especially meats, is roughly two hours. Beyond that the food reaches that perfect point for bacteria to go nuts.

With that said, I think a lot of us are guilty of letting food sit for way, way longer than we should, only to eat it later and be fine. Hell, I've left pizza out for a couple days straight during my college years. Assuming you have no conditions where as your immune system is naturally weak, I'd think you'd be fine.

• ?
    1 year ago

Depends on the temperature , I eat pizza for two days as well as chinese without refrigeration ,

• 1 year ago

4 hours is no problem at all. The food would have been sterile after cooking. I eat chinese leftovers the next day. Never had a problem.

• Janet
    1 year ago

No.

If you wish to save it, you need to refrigerate it within 30 minutes of it having been cooked.

• 1 year ago

That's too long, and you could easily end up with food poisoning that would make you very sorry if you ate it.

• 1 year ago

About two hours is safe. I would throw it out

1 year ago

ching chong ying ying I take a 4 piece combo extra fried rice.