Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 year ago

Hi! I was able to turn on my pilot light but the burner didn't light. Suprisingly, I now have hot water. Should I still call the expert?

• 1 year ago

Yes, you should call an expert to explain that the burner DID light to heat the water.

• 1 year ago

It sounds to me like the burner did light, just not while you were looking at it.

If you followed the directions to light the pilot light you would have been instructed to turn off the gas to the burner, then turn it on after the pilot light was lit. The burner often doesn’t light immediately but takes a few moments.

If you have hot water from a gas water heater, then the burner is lighting up. There is no other way for that water to get hot.

No one here can tell you whether or not your system is working properly as we can’t see it. If you have any doubts at all, it’s better to be safe than sorry.