My guy friend likes me? Now what?

We have been close friends the entire year here at university. This past week, we slept together almost every night (no sex, just cuddling) and have been getting more romantic with eacother/doing couple things. His friends told me that he would be interested in a long term relationship with me next year but didn’t want to say anything because it could have jeopardized our friendship. (He doesn’t know that his friends said he liked me and he doesn’t know for sure if I like him back). He’s now back home on the other side of the country for the rest of the summer so I won’t see him in person for 4 months! I’ve got his number, we text, share stuff on social media, etc. He’s been texting me everyday. He’s total husband material and a gentleman. I don’t want to lose our friendship or potential relationship. What do I do now? How can I handle not being able to see him for so long?

Ps. I’ll be super busy over the summer and I have a lot of hobbies but I will miss him :(

Favorite Answer

What you need to do is maintain constant contact with him in order to maintain your relationship. It doesn't matter whether you skype each other, text, call or write but you need to continue to stay in each others lives by interacting. The reason why a lot of long distance relationships fail is because couples forget or become lazy when it comes to maintaining contact. Moreover, what you should also do is to give this guy some hints that you would like a relationship with him. For example, doing things like complimenting him, telling him how much you like being around him and talking about fun places you would like to go out together will all send a really strong message to him that you would like to be more than friends. I really hope this helps :)

Source(s): Do you think this guy has any idea that you like him? When he texts you, does he ever talk about his feelings for you? :)
    • Panda10 months agoReport

And no, he doesn’t bring up personal feelings about me. My guys friends never do, especially him so that’s why his friends were shocked when he came out and straight up said he liked me.

The key question is whether or not he's a strong* guy with whom you can one day develop mutual true love with.

A strong relationship can withstand being apart for 4 months.

Hope this helps!

*A strong person has good character (honesty, integrity, trustworthiness), a positive attitude (cheerful, caring, friendly, forgiving, helpful, and respectful), fulfills their responsibilities (for handling pains in a positive way, for always trying to make a good choice, for taking care of themselves, for serving others), puts forth their best effort, and displays self-control (of their body, anger, tongue and money). A strong man will choose to put aside his sexual desires before marriage because he knows it's best for the long-term health of the relationship.

Source(s): True Love Lasts - written with a character emphasis for teens through young adults, Straight Talk About Teen Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 13-19, Straight Talk About Dating - written with a Christian emphasis for ages 20 and up
  • Janet

Don't listen to friends. Even if they ARE not lying, they may be misunderstanding .. or his guy friend might change his mind and they don't know it.

Just wait.

Things will happen or they won't

In fact, we never have any solid clue that it MIGHT work out until we have been with someone for 2 or more years ... 4 if dating, 2 if living together or married.

So keep on with YOUR plans for YOUR life, and if he decides he wants to share his life with you, of course you slide over a bit to make room for him.