Would you consider his behaviour careless or suspicious? details below?

Within a week or so of meeting me he sends me a text telling me he can borrow his dad's car and give me a ride - but does not mention where he will be driving me too...

I declined

Then every week he invites me to have coffee with him at McDonalds and I usually say yes

One day he asked me if I wanted to go on a 5 day vacation to Israel for $2500 with a Christian group - I told him didn't know you could go that cheap - sounds fun.

Then he keeps pressing me to go on the trip.

I tell him I don't want to go.

And he ends the conversation right there.

Was he hoping to sleep with me?

Was that why he offered me a ride the first week he met me?

Best Answer

Regardless of what his motives might be, you should avoid going anywhere with this guy till you get to know him really well. And he sounds very desperate, which is a red flag.

• cat

Who knows what his intentions are, but he has seemed to raise some red flags. You obviously don't have a good gut feeling otherwise you wouldn't be asking this question. Please follow you gut! It's probably right! I'd let this guy go.

• Foofa

Nothing about this seems super cagey to me. Although if you're not already part of whatever Christian group is sponsoring the trip it's a bit presumptuous of him to assume that's your kind of thing. Your refusal to go on this trip may have just informed him that you're not the kind of religious zealot who'd partake. So it may just be that he's realized you two aren't a great match on the religion front. When people find out someone they're interested in doesn't share their core beliefs it's the right thing to do to pull away from them.

• J

regardless of the motive, you probably want to get to know this guys very well before you do go any where with him, he sounds very pushy

Sounds pretty fishy if ya ask me...

Sounds like he wants you to join a Christian cult, that would creep me out like mad if somebody I hardly knew said that. Or do you know him well?

Come on every guy wants to sleep with a girl they like. Sounds like he likes you and the cult aside probably felt that you didn't like him back so he has moved on.