Do you think this woman is being selfish?

She weighs 300 pounds and I told her she could lose weight on a ketogenic diet

Then I explained to her what a ketogenic diet is - how it works - how weight loss happens on the diet - and how effective it can be

A ketogenic diet is when you avoid carbohydrates so that your body will burn body fat instead of sugar and this causes you to become slimmer over time

She then asked me if she will have to give up her favourite smoothies if she eats the diet

I'm like - yo - you weigh 300 pounds - you might die from health issues - and you care more about strawberry smoothies then you do about losing weight?

Her friends have treated her very badly in the past because she doesn't respect herself and doesn't respect others either

1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

no need to go on keto and all other stuff, just eat in a simple caloric deficit and you will lose weight.

• 1 year ago

As long as you eat less calories than you burn you lose weight.

I realise some people find keto works for them but this is not due to keto its down to high protein/fat vs low carb diets being generally less conducive to overeating.

Smoothies may be a fine diet if it works for her. I do think though that smoothies are generally a way to consume calories quickly though if not counting calories..

• 1 year ago

Isnt' everyone selfish in one way or another?

• Tulip
    1 year ago

First the keto diet is not healthy second this is none of your business