Do you believe God wants us to experience difficulties in our relationships so we will grow more and learn more?

I have this theory that God wants us to work hard at our relationships

So he won't allow us to have a relationship that requires no effort or sacrifice

This is why woman have to endure the agony of child birth

This is why men have to face the risks of getting rejected when they date

This is why both men and woman have to worry about money during the first few years of their marriage

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Best Answer

A core principle of mortality is opposition in all things. Without opposition, there is no growth. Also, without opposition, there is no existence. For example, there is no health without sickness, no light without darkness, no pleasure without pain, no wealth without poverty, no life without death, etc.

From the Book of Mormon:

"For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility."

https://www.lds.org/scriptures/bofm?lang=eng

• 6 months ago

In our lives, yes. In our relationships, not so much. He would prefer it if hetero spouses got along with each other.

• 6 months ago

Love everyone unconditionally .

• 7 months ago

Good point. I’ve suffered a lot in life, but I was resilient and learned from it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

"I have this theory that God wants us to work hard at our relationships"

LoLz

Gods and magic are the most ludicrous things primitive man ever came up with to explain anything...

Gods (and therefore 'heaven') by their very nature are impossible...

If a real god existed, the universe would not exist.

Cos, why would a real god need anything?

“If energy can’t be destroyed or created, then god can't create it now can he?

If the universe requires a creator, then so too does god.

Who created god?

If god could have always existed, then so too could the universe.

Just cos you can't grasp that it doesn’t mean GODDIDIT, it just means you're stupid.”

If the Universe needs a creator, why doesn't god?

If god doesn't need a creator, why does the Universe?

There's no evidence to suggest there was ever a time the universe did not exist.

Our finite minds' needing Beginnings and Ends is about needs, not evidence.

There is no evidence any part of the universe even needs a reason to exist.

~

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

If your Magic Man is real there is no reason to pretend it cares what happens to the human apes on this insignificant planet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.