Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 year ago

How come my doctor doesn't agree with things on the mayo clinic?

I would discuss issues to my doctor and told them what I read on the mayo clinic but they don't seem to agree with mayo clinic even though its posted by other doctors.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

You can find a new doctor but the mayo clinic posts are general suggestions while your doctor may have more in depth knowledge of your specific condition so you really better listen to him carefully.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • RP
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Your doctor has the advantage of knowing you and your history. Thus, s/he should be able to tell what is pertinent to your health and maintaining it far better than the Mayo Clinic or other organizations that provide general medical information which may or may not be relevant to any particular individual.

• 1 year ago

Not enough information to say. It's generally a good site but they do let some CAM nonsense on there, e.g. the page on acupuncture implies that it actually works. On the other hand a lot of doctors are even more credulous of that stuff than the site is. It's very possible to earn an MD, even from a prestigious university, and still end up as a crank, as you can see with Dr. Oz, to take a famous example. Or it could just be a legitimate scientific disagreement. Who knows?

• Jen
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Doctors do not always share the same opinions.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 year ago

Well its always better to get a diagnosis in person and not on the internet

• 1 year ago

Because even doctors practice their trade on their opinions, perceptions, and outlooks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.