Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 1 year ago

Is it okay to switch favorite NHL teams?

I grew up in Washington DC and was raised a Caps fan by my dad. I liked the Caps a lot but I never considered them to be a part of my "blood" if you will..

6 months ago, I recently moved to Tampa Florida. During the previous NHL season, I met a few new buddies and we went to about 10 TB Lightning games this season. I had a blast and just fell in love with the team.. The uniforms, logo, colors, city (I love Tampa itself), players, atmosphere, fans, etc. I felt like the fans in Tampa were a lot more friendly than in DC. I felt like I belonged there.

I wanna be a full time Lightning fan. However, my friends and family in DC will not be happy about it. Is it wrong of me to switch?

1 year ago

Yes, it is. Back in 2012, I loved the Capitals. They lost Alex Semin who was my favorite player and my best friend at the time passed away who was a Rangers fan, so from there on out, I always bled red white and blue.

1 year ago

That's your choice --

But shouldn't a 13 year old be able to decide such things on their own ?

• 1 year ago

Yes it is. The NHL home ice advantage throughout the playoffs relocation from Tampa Bay to Boston, now they should be called the Boston Lightning.

• 1 year ago

Sure you can switch teams. Or you can root for both teams. Lots of people have a hometown team and a current town team.

But don't root for Tampa just because they were so good this season. Will you still be their fan during a losing season? If so, Let's Go Lightning!

• Bob
    1 year ago

You can root for whatever team you want.

1 year ago

its wrong to switch to a team that tied the all time regular season wins and points record and then gets swept by a wild card

• Do what you want. People change allegiances all the time, I reckon (I don't- in terms of fandom, I maintain strict monogamy) but some people like the polyamoury lifestyle. You do you.

• Cheer for whom you want. (That said, I live in DC and have family in Tampa, so the Bolts are now my fallback team.)

• JuanB
    1 year ago

cheer for whomever your want. Right or wrong.

It isn't wrong to switch. But is it wrong to switch to Tampa.

• 1 year ago

Yes it is