How should Canada react to the caravans of Americans refugees seeking medical help?

"Influx of Americans avoiding skyrocketing U.S. insulin prices raises concerns about Canadian supply"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/america...

Why is the "richest country in the world" incapable of taking care of its own people?

• 1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

With insulin you have a valid point. It has been around since the 1920's or so. Meaning development costs should be a thing of the past. Other countries governments price fix drugs from the United States so their citizens can have cheap drugs. So for most drugs the citizens of the USA are forced to pay research costs hence higher prices. I understand about insulin because I am diabetic and use Lememir flextouch pens. Fortunately I have great insurance so I only pay $12/month buying in 90day supply quantities. Otherwise it would be $500/month which I could not afford. The answer is as long as our insurance pays for it - drug companies will charge it. That being said - there is something really wrong about insulin pricing.

• Texas Mike
      1 year agoReport

Again you have a good point making it even more perplexing. I would say foreigners should pay more for Canadian insulin .. I suspect even $60/vial would look good.

1 year ago

You mean buying drugs? LMAO at you drug dealers.

Canada doesn't have the low underclass we have in this country and you know it, Canuck!

1 year ago

Refugees are just another name for illegals. If they resist arrest just dump those 'Merikans in the ocean and tell them to swim back home.

• Cindy LGPB
      1 year agoReport

It's a helava swim from Saskatchewan.

• 1 year ago

You are just plain goofy. Canadian government is guilty of price fixing. In the US we have free enterprise. So we are subsidizing your medical expenses. that is fraud and is certainly nothing to crow about. Further we have the Diabetes Society which helps patients with expenses for no charge.

1 year ago

I'm not aware of the price of other drugs in the USA as compared to CANADA, but I have a friend who crosses the border for her INSULIN because it costs 1/10 of what she pays in the States.

That's a considerable price differential and nobody seems to want to explain it to Americans.

In CANADA she pays just over $30/vial; in some US locales it's well over $300/vial.

• 1 year ago

It baffles the mind what they should do to aid the needy. I can only ask "What would Jesus do?

1 year ago

Bullets are cheap.