Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 year ago

my mom always steals my credit cards?

I always try to put it somewhere safe but honestly she ends up unlocking my car or whatever and ends up stealing and shopping and she already has a lot of it in her account. She has done this so many times but today i shouted so much cause im sick of her stealing any cash she sees in my room and goes as far as searching under my beds and everywhere in my room. I feel like im living with a psycopath, never had a normal mother growing up. Drives me crazy.... and no I cant move cause my dad also lives with us and she doesnt contribute to anything or work or pay any bills but always effing stealing.

• I care
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Keep your cards on your person.....billfolds that protect one from thieves gathering your info.

I've seen some people carry their cards/money in one of those hidden billfolds one wears inside their clothes.

Talk to dad about all of this and give him this problem...…..to handle.

Also keep track of what all she has put on your credit...(also have you thought about taking back items with the receipt that she has purchased without your permission....doesn't sound too swift to live in such as this.

Again, gambling, drinking, drugs, and adding buying when not needed.....is large issues in many homes today.

Keep moving forward and acknowledge your mother has some problems and she needs to get some help.

Sorry to say this......but prove yourself much better as you journey along with your life, be the opposite.

• 1 year ago

No idea what your dad living there has to do with anything. Your parents are adults. I assume you are as well. Move out. It is not your responsibility to take care of your parents.

• 1 year ago

call the police on her

• Ritaah
    1 year ago

Contact the police and the card companies. What she does is 100% illegal and could lead to her being jailed - which she deserves. Don't put up with this for one moment longer. Don't go soppy and say "Ah but she's my mom, how can I have her prosecuted?" She is breaking the law, big time, so have no sympathy or pity on her. She has none for you.

• 1 year ago

then you and dad move out and let her self destruct. she has a problem...she needs to get help. until you move, get a good safe to lock valuables in...or keep cash/cards on you.

• Greg
    1 year ago

Prosecute by contacting the police.

• Rick B
    1 year ago

You could also get rid of all your credit cards. No idea why you need credit cards. Keep one debit card tied to your bank account, and keep it on you at all times. I am really not sure why someone would keep their credit card in their car, for example.

You can also get a lock box and keep these types of items in the lock box. They make them that work off your fingerprint, or combination locks and/or keys.