Breakthrough asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

Can you dine at ordinary restaurants if you are on a low carb diet?

Most of my friends are foodies but I'm on a special diet where I can only eat certain types of food

I don't want to say no when my friends want to eat somewhere because of my diet

Best Answer

Sure. If you have the willpower to not eat some items. Most restaurants have a variety of salads, meat entrees, and steamed veggies. You can ask any restaurant to hold the bread, potatoes, rice, croutons, corn, beans, etc. Low-carb and keto are pretty mainstream at this point, so you just have to make the right choices and ask for what you need.

• Eva

Yes you can. You just have to pick and choose. Some restaurants post their menus online or on FaceBook, so look it up ahead of time if you know where you're going so you can make your decisions ahead of time. Some restaurants will modify their recipe to suit you (no butter, different sides, etc), or you could try ordering a salad and an appetizer instead.

You can but you will have to be super selective about what you eat.

There will likely be options but there is no reason you need to be super strict with your diet at all times (unless you have a medical problem that requires it). Its ok to eat whaveter you want every once in a while. Go out, have fun and live your life.

Source(s): I used to let a low carb diet run my life. Don't do it.

Well, what you can do is check out their website or facebook page and look at their menu. If there's something you can eat you go, if there's not you don't.