Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 10 months ago

what is it that i'm hearing at night?

I work night shifts. I usually go on break around 3 am and I go out for a quick stroll around the building. on my way to the back entrance where we enter, almost every night, I hear thousands of hiss noises. There is trees above me and beside me, not big ones but they're kinda twisty and thick, and a **** ton of bushes. It sounds like 20,000 random hiss noises. It makes me run to the front door as quick as I possibly can. No lights shining or anything. I am not bothering whatever is there. What could this even be? I live in Toronto, no wild insects like Australia are there. Am I in danger for walking?

Update:

it also sounds like partial growling.

Update 2:

definitely not cicadas, it sounds ANGRY

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Is it hissing or buzzing? if its buzzing, it could be cicadas. (a type of very annoying bug)

• ADM10 months agoReport

it is hissing. scary hissing.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Toruko
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

Walk with shuffled footing. Noise alerts wildlife and gets them

moving away from your person. Various small mammals may

hiss. Cats, for example/ Many hunt in darkness hours.

• 10 months ago

Cicadas, they're harmless

• ...Show all comments
    • Inquizetif
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

So you close the question and award best answer to someone that didn't answer your question. What a moron you are. You've heard the sound that every species of cicada produces, quite a feat when there are over 3300 species in existence. Cicadas do increase their volume as someone nears their roost

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.