Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 10 months ago

what is it that i'm hearing at night?

I work night shifts. I usually go on break around 3 am and I go out for a quick stroll around the building. on my way to the back entrance where we enter, almost every night, I hear thousands of hiss noises. There is trees above me and beside me, not big ones but they're kinda twisty and thick, and a **** ton of bushes. It sounds like 20,000 random hiss noises. It makes me run to the front door as quick as I possibly can. No lights shining or anything. I am not bothering whatever is there. What could this even be? I live in Toronto, no wild insects like Australia are there. Am I in danger for walking?

it also sounds like partial growling.

definitely not cicadas, it sounds ANGRY

Favorite Answer

Is it hissing or buzzing? if its buzzing, it could be cicadas. (a type of very annoying bug)

• ADM10 months agoReport

it is hissing. scary hissing.

• Toruko

Walk with shuffled footing. Noise alerts wildlife and gets them

moving away from your person. Various small mammals may

hiss. Cats, for example/ Many hunt in darkness hours.

Cicadas, they're harmless

• Inquizetif

So you close the question and award best answer to someone that didn't answer your question. What a moron you are. You've heard the sound that every species of cicada produces, quite a feat when there are over 3300 species in existence. Cicadas do increase their volume as someone nears their roost