Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 7 months ago

Why do the same people condemning the JW for disfellowshipping people for misconducts accuse them of pedophilia?

They cry that shunning is bad but the Bible asked Christians to do that. I think it is fine to shun people when they commit a sin or when they are a threat to the church. It is a healthy detoxification of the place of worship. what really do critics want? For JW not to shun these people and keep them in?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Peter
    Lv 7
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

There is a vast amount on nonsense made up about J/W's, and many folk believe it to be true, 'haters gotta hate', as they say.

• 7 months ago

The Bible never tells us to shun people who are not committing a sinful act.

• 7 months ago

well one user i know used too be one

• 7 months ago

Shunning is not a gospel principle. God loves and invites all to come unto Him. When a mistake is made, we must repent and if we do so in sincerety of heart, God always forgives. All of us sin and we must all be in a constant state of repentance. The church provides support for us to do so.

Church penalties are used to both help the person repent and to protect the other members from those who want to harm the church or any of it's members. When a person commits a very gievous sin, church penalties are used to help the person repent. This can include disfellowhipment or even excommunication, but fellow church members must reach out in love and compassion to help the person back.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • sarah
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Actually what I think is they only do that to members who join their religion. It is like the country club, when you join you know the rules and choose to join. Then when you break the rules your kicked out of the country club. No one objects to that. So if you do not want to be kicked out don't join. Unless, you really want to follow the rules.

• 7 months ago

Pedophilia is a global scourge, growing fast, and pedophiles have infiltrated the JW religion just as much as they have crept into Catholicism, Orthodoxy, football clubs, Scouts, care homes for children and anywhere else children are to be found. It is being exposed just how much men want to protect their man-made organizations by denying there are pedophiles in its ranks, just to keep the public image of their organization looking good.

JW pedophiles have apparently been protected by elders and those higher up in the organization; a state of denial seems to exist. Yet the children and women sexually violated by them are often disbelieved, or even put out and shunned! You must be a JW man, I suppose.

JWs disfellowship those baptized members who are unable to break free from the addiction of smoking tobacco. JWs are shunned if they accept a whole blood transfusion without crawling back in 'repentance' for such a 'sin'. That is what others object to. If they treated pedophiles as harshly as they do those smoking, or trying to save life with medical treatment, there would not be the level of criticism there is.

• 7 months ago

"Keep them in"? They've left JWism! They don't want to be kept in. Bible shunning is only for those who refuse to repent, but want to stay in the fold (1Cor 5), NOT those who have left it and are no longer part of the organization. They are then at that time of the world.

1Co 5:9  I wrote to you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— 

1Co 5:10  not at all meaning the sexually immoral of this world, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 

1Co 5:11  But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one. 

Do you consider ex-JWs who have renounced JWism to still be your spiritual "brothers"? And these people more often than than not are not sexually immoral, greedy or such, but simply left JWism.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.