humpty
Lv 7
humpty asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 year ago

Is it a coincidence that the Republicans are introducing abortion bills in an election year?

Do the party managers actually care, or are they just trying to mobilize their evangelical base?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Stuart
    Lv 6
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

It is not clear that the current justices who have expressed doubts about the correctness of decisions like Roe and Casey will want to take up a case that squarely presents the question whether these decisions should be overruled," says Richard Garnett, director of the Notre Dame Program on Church, State & Society. "Instead, they might well prefer to first consider less sweeping abortion regulations and to uphold them even under the current doctrine." Update: As President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court pick readies for his eventual confirmation hearing, support for the court’s landmark ruling in Roe v. Wade has hit an all-time high. A new poll from NBC News and the Wall Street Journal finds that 71 percent of American voters believe that the decision, which established a woman’s legal right to an abortion, should not be overturned. Just 23 percent say the ruling should be reversed.

• John
    Lv 6
    1 year ago

Neither, they are trying to trigger a SCOTUS review of Roe v Wade. You should realize though that being against the killing of an inconvenient baby isn't an "evangelical" issue, it isn't even a "Christian" issue, it is a human issue. There are many humans who believe that a baby in the womb has a soul, and there are those like yourself who do not believe this. And we all know that believing in the concept of a "soul" is not limited to Christianity.

• 1 year ago

Be sure to get out to vote in the 2019 election

• 1 year ago

No coincidence, it's about causing ruination before they're voted out of office. Then blame the problems on Democrats.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jeff D
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

This is not an election year; that would be NEXT year.

• 1 year ago

Like NO other party has introduced a bill from a point of strength. If you want to talk politics, pay attention long term. Me? I don't. It was just the next question up.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

We don’t care anymore. That’s why we are going to extremes.

• Strega
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

They know they'll lose next election, they're desperate. Clog the system, that's what i hear from the republicans and conservatives close to me.

They don't give a shitt, throw a wrench in it all.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

This is not an election year. Next year is.

I think they are making a grave mistake, and I find it interesting that a lot of Republicans are refusing to comment on the Alabama bill. They know how problematic it could prove to be for them.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

dunno

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.