Anonymous

Do environmental geologists actually help the environment?

I ve argued with people about whether or not environmental geologists actually help the environment. I know they deal with environmental issues, but are they helping the environment? I m studying for a BSc. in environmental geology. I have such a strong passion for geology and the environment but I m thinking maybe I should have studied environmental science instead since I care so much about the environment. But if I stick with this career path, will I be helping the environment in anyway?

• Kelley
    1 year ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes. Become an engineering geologist or pursue that as your major. In industry, the scientists and engineers usually do the same work, but the engineers get paid more. You can also choose to become a civil engineer. There is a huge demand for them right now. Just ask God/Jesus in your head which direction you should take. He will guide you. Let Him into your life, let Him guide you and follow Him. For more guidance read the Bible and regularly attend a Christian church.

• Nicole1 year agoReport

Thank you for the answer! Truth be told I don't care about how much money I make, my goal is to help the environment in the best way I can.

• Paul
    1 year ago

They try, which is the best anyone can do.